AppFuse
  1. AppFuse
  2. APF-1010

2 locales(zh_CN , zh_TW) appeared in one page

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0.1
    • Fix Version/s: 2.2.1
    • Component/s: i18n
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Windows 2K, jdk 1.6.0_04-b12, appfuse 2.0.1(jsf) run with jetty

      Description

      2 locales zh_CN and zh_TW appeared in one page, see the attachment. The red circle parts are locale zh_CN, the other parts are zh_TW characters.

      1. correct.JPG
        141 kB
      2. jsf-locale-error.JPG
        59 kB
      3. jsf-locale-error2.JPG
        74 kB
      4. tapestry-locale-error.JPG
        85 kB

        Activity

        Hide
        Matt Raible added a comment -

        The only reason I can think of that this is happening is that the *.properties files for CN or TW have invalid translations. Can you check these files (in your src/main/resources) directory and see if that's the case? Thanks!

        Show
        Matt Raible added a comment - The only reason I can think of that this is happening is that the *.properties files for CN or TW have invalid translations. Can you check these files (in your src/main/resources) directory and see if that's the case? Thanks!
        Hide
        Shihwen Wei added a comment -

        The translation file (*zh_CN.properties, *zh_TW.properties) are all correct.

        Show
        Shihwen Wei added a comment - The translation file (*zh_CN.properties, *zh_TW.properties) are all correct.
        Hide
        Matt Raible added a comment -

        If all the translations are correct, it's likely a problem related to the locale being read by SiteMesh (the title) vs. the one being read by JSF. I would love to fix this problem, but I'll need to know the characters that should show up the title to do so. Unfortunately, I can't read Chinese.

        Show
        Matt Raible added a comment - If all the translations are correct, it's likely a problem related to the locale being read by SiteMesh (the title) vs. the one being read by JSF. I would love to fix this problem, but I'll need to know the characters that should show up the title to do so. Unfortunately, I can't read Chinese.
        Hide
        Shihwen Wei added a comment -

        The demo site also have this problem.

        The correct characters shown as the attachment correct.jpg .

        Show
        Shihwen Wei added a comment - The demo site also have this problem. The correct characters shown as the attachment correct.jpg .
        Hide
        Shihwen Wei added a comment -

        I checked all the demo site, and found out that tapestry also have this kind of problem, but it appear zh and zh_TW in the same page. See the attachment <tapestry-locale-error.JPG>.

        Show
        Shihwen Wei added a comment - I checked all the demo site, and found out that tapestry also have this kind of problem, but it appear zh and zh_TW in the same page. See the attachment <tapestry-locale-error.JPG>.
        Hide
        Eric Wang added a comment -

        This is Tapestry not to setup [tapestry.supported-locales]. Just in web.xml to setup this just will right.

        link to "http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.2-dev/guide/conf.html"

        Show
        Eric Wang added a comment - This is Tapestry not to setup [tapestry.supported-locales] . Just in web.xml to setup this just will right. link to "http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.2-dev/guide/conf.html"

          People

          • Assignee:
            Matt Raible
            Reporter:
            Shihwen Wei
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development